Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Oprah Winfrey, one of my heroines

Tomorrow, May 25th, is the last episode of the Oprah Winfrey Show. I love Oprah. I admit that I rarely get to watch her show, however, I think she is absolutely amazing. She is honest, beautiful inside and out, real, compassionate, educates people, and constantly gives, gives, gives. She created her show with the intent to help others. She is the one person on television who has made me cry more than any other. In fact, pretty much every time I watch her show, I end up crying! 

If you want to be inspired, just read her Wikipedia page, or do a Google search of "Oprah Winfrey impact on the world." This is a woman who donates at least ten percent of her annual income to charity. She started a school in Africa, created a charitable organization, created a network to help others, has given people hope, has impacted others in more ways than I could ever list, and so much more. Rock on, Oprah. You came from hardship, overcame adversity, used your tender heart and passionate energy to do incredible good, and are a total inspiration. You have taken care of so much more than your corner of the world. Thank you. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment