Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Piiiizzzzza........without cheese?

I have recently been avoiding most dairy in my diet to improve my health (more to come on this later). One of the foods I have been nervous about abstaining from is pizza. I go absolutely nuts for pizza. It's super scrumptious. About a month ago, I purchased a groupon for Domino's Pizza which expires tomorrow. I felt a little bummed because I really do love pizza (did I mentioned that already?) and wasn't sure whether I should give the groupon away or what to do with it. Despite my suspicions that I would loathe a pizza without cheese, I decided to go for it anyway.

I chose their crunchy thin crust, no cheese, and their regular sauce. (Domino's has an ordering system where you can customize your whole order and send it through online - awesome!) Then I decided to load it up with toppings. I chose onions, roasted red peppers, pineapple, jalapeno peppers, spinach, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, and black olives. It was A-MA-ZING. The thin crust was crunchy and satisfying (not soggy), while allowing me to consume less refined flour than their regular crust (which is much thicker). The vegetables were tasty and what really helped was the sweetness of the pineapple coupled with the spiciness of the jalapeno peppers and flavor of the onions.

I realized that I could still enjoy pizza without the cheese. What a fun, yet shocking, discovery. If you are interesting in going this route with your pizza parties, definitely try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment