Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a matrix

Reading Eckart Tolle's book, A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose, has rocketed me back into my spiritual existence. I realize that it's helpful for me to consistently engage myself in some sort of tool for spiritual development in order to keep me on the right path. I was engrossed in the pages all afternoon today and kept thinking that I had read the best thing again and again, earmarking what ended up being almost twenty pages!

Sometimes I feel like I'm walking around in a matrix. During these times I understand that I am a spiritual being, connected with all and one with all, and everything else I see and think about in this material world is clearly not reality (ie: a matrix). But then, there are those times where I am totally identified with that world (I suppose that would be the ego) and I lose my real "self".

While reading this book today, I realized that this no longer need confuse me. I am slowly trying to pull myself from unconsciousness, further and further towards full consciousness, and the process is totally okay and to be expected, so long as I keep moving forward. In fact, the realization that I move back and forth between these two states would seem to indicate an understanding of when I am identifying with the ego or when I am, alternately, identifying with spirit. With this fundamental realization, I can try to identify with spirit even more and leave the ego behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment