Saturday, April 2, 2011

How to be alone, or maybe just how to be

Thank you to my friend who sent me this beautiful video entitled "How To Be Alone." Sure, it's about how to be alone, but it also seems to be about how to just "be." I have heard of the idea that some people are human doings as opposed to human beings. There have been times in my life where I feel like I am just going, going, going, doing, doing, doing, and I can't seem to stop. My mother has called it "burning the candle at both ends."

There have even been moments where I try to rest or relax, but I don't know how, and my nervous energy is engaged with thinking, worrying, planning, or somehow avoiding sitting with myself while I am supposedly "relaxing." Learning how to just be and enjoy just being has been a process for me and has actually taken some work and practice, but it is something that is super beneficial to learn.

Being able and content to just be alone with ourselves at times is so important because it allows us to tap in to our inner being and reconnect with the fact that just being is enough.

1 comment:

  1. oh wow! beautiful video!!! and yes alone is a powerful and sweet thing...time to create and be and notice everything.

    ReplyDelete