Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I ate too many lychees

Lychees are so scrumptious. Let's face it - they are amazingly delicious. As my old roommate from Ireland would say with her lovely accent, they are gorgeous. They are like a peach, pear, pineapple, and mango all wrapped up into one little, tropical, refreshing, succulent, bite-sized ball. However, that doesn't even come close to describing their flavor, which is totally unique. 

Unfortunately, because I haven't been to Chinatown lately (or Jackson Heights ever), I have had to resort to satisfying my craving for lychees through the chilled, canned variety. Although still yummy, they're obviously not quite the same as peeling the fruit and eating them immediately while they are fresh.

Tonight, after a dinner of whole wheat pasta and basil tomato sauce, I decided to have lychees for dessert. I had only planned on eating half a can, but ended up eating the whole darn thing. I'm full, but that's how (once again) seriously wonderful they are.

P.S. I know it's only April, but you must know that at any Halloween party, lychees make the best eyeballs! Just stuff them with blueberries, grapes, or cranberries. They look very creepy while still being enjoyable to eat. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment