Saturday, April 30, 2011

Thank U

What is resonating within my heart and coming out of my speakers right now is Thank U by Alanis Morissette. Alanis is one of my favorite artists. Her lyrics are so real to me. When I listen to her music, I can feel how she feels and I really identify with her songs. One of my favorites of hers is Thank U, a song about gratitude, wherein it almost seems that she is thanking God and all of the beautiful places, painful experiences, and other things that have taught her deep lessons, helped her grow, and brought her to new realizations about herself and life. 

To me, it appears that these experiences are referred to in the song lyrics within the lines that begin with "How about..." For example, "How about how good it feels to finally forgive you." I think that this is referring to the fact that she learned just how important forgiveness is and she has finally achieved the ability to find it for someone when it was obviously difficult for her.

This song reminds me of the pivotal experiences I have had that led me to really feel the deeper meaning underneath everything and within my life. It also helps me to surrender to whatever I happen to be feeling in my life during the moment I am listening to it, as well as let go of whatever may holding me back. I really need music like this; Who doesn't? 

No comments:

Post a Comment